When we set about putting the PerfectDisk 2008 plan together, it was thought that we would release the client pieces (Pro, Server, VMware, Exchange, Windows Home Server) together with the Command Center, as usual. The testing and feedback we received on the client was so positive that we pushed and moved up its release to the end of January. The Command Center is in a Stage 1 beta test right now, with Stage 2 beginning next week.
We have put a lot into the Command Center, and our business users are going to see a lot of new and useful enhancements here -- things they have requested. Here's an overview of some of the main ones:
- the addition of RSCM (Remote Service Control Manager) as a deployment method
- new installation options, including the option to choose between MSI or EXE for your executable, as well as new options such as the /NORESTART parameter
- Client Synchronization is now faster via TCP/IP
- a new option to connect to clients via a "Lite” client in addition to the traditional PerfectDisk and Remote Desktop clients. This provides the ability to quickly view the local Event Logs of your client machines as well as their PerfectDisk History.
- enhanced usability via a brand new GUI with ribbons for easier navigation
- new and improved step-by-step wizards for configuring deployment, management, reporting and Alerts
- schedules have been categorized
- new ability to validate license keys and the ability to quickly verify logons to client machines
- the Task Queue has been simplified and you can now easily restart Tasks and purge Alerts with just a few clicks
- view options have been expanded with the addition of new columns options
- a fully automated Diagnostic tool, complete with a detailed report that outlines suggestions on a service by service basis has been added. The diagnostic tool is comprehensive, covering everything from local security policies and remote process creation to service dependencies.
- New reports for client configuration and free space
- free space is now tracked historically, giving you a wide-angle view of free space consumption across your network.
Of course, the PerfectDisk 2008 Command Center will be free. If you're managing an enterprise, you expect a centralized management console, so you get it without any extra charges, even with the significant R&D investment we have made, and with unique features like configurable warnings and alerts, and free space reporting.