Sunbelt Industrial Supply Company, in business for over twenty years, is a leader in the Southeastern United States in industrial, contractor and packaging supplies. Sunbelt serves the aerospace, marine, military government, and manufacturing industires. It had used that other tool for several years, and like many, never seriously questioned it and took the vendor's words on faith. But apparently this latest release was the last straw. They've seen through the hype for the last time, which is why Sunbelt Industrial is now a PerfectDisk user as of this week.
Here are some of Sunbelt's IT manager's own words, which are reprinted here with his permission, on why he prefers PerfectDisk (I've inserted "Hocus Pocus" for the actual product name):
- "Price was one issue. PerfectDisk can handle terabytes of data. Hocus Pocus for Servers can't. To get that with Hocus Pocus, you have to have their enterprise product, which costs over $900 per server.
- After evaluating the copy I downloaded and installed it, I discovered several features I really like that are not present in Hocus Pocus.
- Defragments a single file
- Determine visually where the pieces of a large file are located.
- Reporting for kinds of files and the percentage of space they occupy, plus the list is customizable.
Single-pass defragmentation. This is something I noticed that was pointed out by one of the product's reviewers. I can't tell you how many times I've encountered the need to run Hocus Pocus multiple times on a badly fragmented hard drive. The more the free space is fragmented the more troublesome this is with Hocus Pocus.
- I also like the fact that PerfectDisk doesn't try to rearrange the entire drive when the smart features are enabled. It only moves those files used during boot to the front of the drive for faster boot.
Don't be tricked.